There are very few venues available to private piano teachers looking to host a quality recital. The churches, the center for the arts and the college auditoriums all have nice stages and great pianos but they are priced way out of reach for most local performers. The school cafeterias and the local community centers are priced right but there’s no stage and the only piano in the house has been through 10 monsoon seasons since it’s last tuning. Sensing the urgency and the need, My First Piano decided to forfeit some of it’s retail space in favor of a 140 seat acoustic auditorium with cushioned chairs, a 25′ laminate wood stage, custom lighting, and 2 of the sweetest sounding grand pianos in town.
Music teachers have been our biggest referral source from the beginning and the performance hall is our way of saying thank you!
Here’s what you need to know if you are thinking about reserving the hall:
- RATES – $25 per 1/2 hour block (includes set up, recital, reception, and tear down time)
- HOURS OF OPERATION – 24/7 – If you want to do a midnight event, we’ll make it happen!
- RECEPTIONS – We allow small receptions with light refreshments.
- EVENT TYPES – Any type of music recital, educational events, rehearsal time, product demos, etc.
What we expect of you:
- MAKE SURE AND SCHEDULE ENOUGH TIME – We had 40 events in May attended by over 5000 people, so things can get pretty chippy if we’re all not mindful of the time.
- PATRONAGE FROM YOUR STUDIO – Our entire retail operation is fueled by teachers who regularly recommend us to families in the market for a piano. We appreciate the referrals and so we offer all kinds of special incentives when they mention their affiliation with you.
- You can schedule by phone : 480-970-5222 or by clicking here and filling out the request form. We would love to host your next event!